Love Photos? Love History? Then you should enter Boroondara Library Service’s first Shutter Speed photo competition. The theme is ‘Transport in Boroondara’ and the competition is free and open to all ages.
There are great prizes to be won so just send a digital copy of your best image to the competition website with a brief description of the photo for a chance to win some great prizes. The best photos will have a chance to be displayed in the Camberwell Corridor Gallery, 340 Camberwell Road Camberwell, from 11 May to 31 May 2017.
They can be past or recent photos of walking, horses, boats, cars, trains, trams, balloons, bikes, scooters, skateboards… or any other form of transport you can think of in Boroondara. Enter as many phots as you like until 6pm, Friday 5 May, 2017.
Entries can be made in any of these categories:
- Photo taken between 1800s-1924
- Photo taken between 1925-1954
- Photo taken between 1955-1984
- Photo taken between 1985-2014
- Photo taken between 2015-2017
Each category has its own first, second and a third prize but there is an overall prize as well.
- First prize-a photo survival kit (value $80)
- Second prize-a photography book (value $45)
- Third prize- a photo frame (value $20)
- The best in Competition (overall prize) will receive a gift certificate for photo restoration/ scanning services (value $160)
Winners will be announced 7pm, Thursday 11 May 2017 at Camberwell Library and will be notified by phone and email Friday 12 May 2017. Winners must be able to collect their prize from Boroondara Libraries.
Need help to make a digital copy and enter online?
Call us on 9278 4666 to make a time to meet, or join us at one of these free sessions send we will help you scan a photo to enter online:
- 2pm to 4pm, Tuesday 4 April at Ashburton Library
- 10am to 12noon Wednesday 5 April at Hawthorn Library
- 1pm to 3pm, Thursday 6 April at Kew Library
- 10am to 12noon, Friday 7 April at Balwyn Library
To see the Privacy statement and for more information visit the competition website.